Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gosh, it's hot in here!!

I reckon we are finally over the jet flag. At first I kind of didn't wanna believe Grant ( my aussie friend and a host), that it's gonna take couple of days to get over it, but after two nights in a row sleeping 12-13 hours at a time, I believe him. :)

So what have we done in here so far - not much really :) Both, on Friday and Saturday evening just went out to have couple of drinks. On Friday went to Fremantle beach in to Little Creatres factory bar, where, behind the glass, they brew the beer and then just served it for you there. Really cool place, plus the music :)
On Saturday, we met up with one of our friends from Deddington, Simon. It's quite nice, when friends from other side of the world meet up in Australia, in Perth :)
As some of you know, he's been here for seven weeks now, but is going back already in 10 days. For my big surprise, he's not that much more tanned or untanned as we are and the simple reason for that is just that he's been mainly partying at nighttime and sleeping in a daytime, isn't that right Si!! :D I guess that's the big cities mentality, so heyhoo to Perth!
We are gonna miss u Si! :)

Today we had our first swim. It was lovely :) The waves were splashing over our heads and eyes and ears were filled with salty water! Mmm... But the funniest thing was that even though it was like +38, I had goosepumps covering my body :) ....the breeze was lovely :) Unfortunately it doesn't reach to, where we live, so at home our only saver is a big, big fan, which Grant has nicely set up in our room :)

Tomorrow is Australian Day and for that special occasion, they always have big fireworks by the river and ofcourse our plan is to check it out, but before that you can't do without a proper barbaque!
And maybe on Tuesday, when the Bank Holiday weekend is finally over, we can get into the business and start sorting out stuff, coz I gotta admit, even though I thought that I wanna stay in Perth for couple of months, I feel that I wanna get out from the city and enjoy the beauty of the nature, what Australia has to offer.

See you soon and keep in touch :)

Hopefully we'll be able to put some pics up soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment